Welcome to my little corner of the gay erotic romance universe . . . well, half of it, anyway. (You can find the other half at RachelHaimowitz.com.) This is the place to come for sneak previews of new projects, release information, and the occasional M/M book review. I'll also share thoughts on the industry on occasion, and I hope you'll come share yours in return.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ISO: Gay Deadwood, Pls!

So, yeah, I just had this stunning realization of a sudden that I can actually seek out--and buy--exactly the kind of stories I want to read. I know this sort of seems like a given when you become Managing Editor of a publishing house, but Riptide only just posted open submission calls a few days ago, so it's still sort of sinking in.

I was sitting here cleaning out my inbox tonight (if I don't return, avenge my death!), and I came across an update from Goodreads that mentioned one of my GR friends was reading a nonfiction book on prostitutes of the old west. And then I got to thinking about Deadwood, and how much I loved loved loved that show, and then I got to thinking, Man, I'd really love to read a Gay Deadwood, and then I realized, OMG, I can totes just ask for one, and maybe if I'm really lucky, I'll find one worth signing!

I realize how strikingly obvious that seems in retrospect, but I gotta say, I'm excited.

So, if you or anyone you know has a well-researched, novel-length gay historical romance set in an American frontier town--no cowboys, please, unless they're not out on the range, as I really am looking for the complex interactions of an ensemble cast here--then please pitch me at rachel (at) riptidepublishing (dot) com! No invite required.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My M/M Favorites