Welcome to my little corner of the gay erotic romance universe . . . well, half of it, anyway. (You can find the other half at RachelHaimowitz.com.) This is the place to come for sneak previews of new projects, release information, and the occasional M/M book review. I'll also share thoughts on the industry on occasion, and I hope you'll come share yours in return.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chatting with Elaina Lee - ATRS Guest Interview

Morning, folks! Today we have fellow Noble Romance and All Things Romantic Suspense author Elaina Lee stopping by to answer my desert island question (among others) and share a little bit about her first novel, Written In Blood. I've not read this one myself (girl cooties, dontcha know), but I know firsthand the quality work that goes on over at Noble, so if you like the cootch in your smut, I'd recommend checking this one out :-)

As always, some gorgeous cover art and a blurb:


Lyndi Crisdean is assigned one of the hardest cases in her career as a defense attorney. A serial murder case. Investigating is Alek Trevian, the lead investigator for the district attorney, and a handsome and supremely dangerous man. Lyndi finds herself in over her head when she chooses desire for Alek over common sense. If they're caught, Lyndi will lose everything she's worked for. Circumstances beyond her control pull her toward Alek, for he turns out to be the only one who can help when threats start to mount against her.

Lyndi may be the key Alek needs to bring down a murderous cult running loose in his city. When her beach house is broken into and a man begins to tail Lyndi, Alek can't help but reason Lyndi may be next on the cult's hitlist. The question is, will he discover the identity of the cult, keep her safe, and still win the case against the serial killer she's defending, all while losing a battle against the strong, untamable desire she alone ignites within him?

And for good measure, a shiny book trailer:




And now the interview, beneath the jump.


What draws you to romance?

The happy endings of course!  Oh and that warm fuzzy feeling that makes your belly do flips.  *grin*


Do you prefer alpha/omega relationships in stories, or alpha/alpha relationships, and why?  

I'd have to say it depends on how well the author sets that up.  I hate whiney heroines, but I don't mind women who have weaknesses and need a man to help her out.  I do appreciate stories where the woman is as in charge as the man, or as in control.


Have you ever written outside the romance genre? If not, do you ever plan to?

Not really.  I love that pull of relationships and the tension of romance.  All my stories will have romance in them I'd imagine. 


What’s the sexiest feature on a man to you? And on a woman? Why?  

A man is his back, all that strength just rippling and showing… yum!  On a woman… hmm, I find women generally attractive, we're made to be beautiful, so I'm not sure what the best part is, LOL!


What’s your own sexiest feature? 

Oh jeez, I don't have one, ahahaha.  I think my husband would say my butt, so I'll go with that.


By night you’re a caped cru— er, romance writer. What do you do by day?

A mom and a graphic designer.


What’s your earliest childhood memory?  

Something about an elephant while sitting at a dining room table in Wisconsin.


What was the very first romance you ever read? How old were you? Were you being naughty and sneaking it off the shelf before you really even knew what sex was? How did it make you feel, and is that what hooked you on the genre?

Oh gosh, no, I didn't sneak it, my mother let me pick whatever one I wanted to.  I was in the seventh grade.   I chose the one with the most risqué cover I could find.  Mom gave me a look but didn't say anything.  I read it over the weekend and it confused and enticed me all at the same time.  I knew what sex was but… I didn't have a clue what they were doing, LOL!  I had a hard time visualizing what the author was trying to convey.


Who are your latest crushes (celebrity, book character, or otherwise)? Do you ever keep those people in your mind when writing your own works?

My current celebrity crush is Christian Kane, he plays Eliot on Leverage.  Honestly, he's not all THAT attractive, but his hair is sexy and he's really fit and oh my gosh is that man alpha!  Yummy!  Yes, I will be keeping him in mind as I write my next book.  Teehee.


If you could pick anyone in the world to be the cover model(s) on your latest release, who would it be?

Alcide from True Blood (um, who wouldn't?!)


What’s your favorite hobby outside of writing?

Hiking.


What would constitute your own personal happily ever after?

My marriage lasting and my children growing up to be decent individuals who live functional lives. *grin*


Do you own an ereader? Why or why not? If so, what’s on it?

I own an iPad, but I just purchased it and right now it has three children's books and Jerri Drennen's Untouched on it.  Which I'm reading. J


Are you a book hoarder?

No, I  just keep the ones I can't part with.  If I didn't enjoy it or won't read it again, I find a new home for it.


What’s the one question you wish people would ask you when you tell them you’re a writer? How would you answer it?

I think the same as everyone, "Where can I buy your book?" I'd flip out some swag I have on me and tell them to go to check it out!


If you were doomed to spend the rest of your life on an island with only one book, one person, one food (coconuts and fish aside), and one object from the modern world (computer, deodorant, vibrator, etc.), what would they be?

Have to think about this one… One book would be Iris Johansson's The Magnificent Rogue (favorite book ever!), one food would be lemon meringue pie, one object would be my iPad now (that thing does EVERYTHING) and one person?  Well… not sure there.  A hot mute Greek guy?


Do you have a favorite character out of all the ones you’ve written? If so, who is it and why is s/he your favorite?  

So far it'd have to be Alek from romantic suspense, Written in Blood, because he was so intense to write.  He gave me these huge adrenaline rushes that were so much fun.  J


Where are your favorite online hangouts? What are your daily must-stop blogs and websites?

I only have time to check Facebook, emails and my writing group ERA (Erotic Romance Authors).  I try to swing by blogs of friends or those that catch my interest on Facebook when I get a second. 


Speaking of online hangouts, where are yours? Where can your readers find you?

Readers can find me at my website www.elainalee.com and my blog elaina-lee.blogspot.com.


What’s your current book list and where can we buy them?

I only have one available for purchase now from Noble Romance and of course Amazon.  My other is soon to be released from Decadent Publishing, but I don't have a release date.


Thanks so much, Elaina, for joining us, and good luck with your current and upcoming releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My M/M Favorites