- Working on final edits for Anchored. I'm basically in my edit-cave until they're done. Send pizza. Preferably with this guy.
- Just saw the cover mockup for the Anchored book cover tonight. I am floored. Fiona Jade does some amazing work, and she and Noble Romance were very open to using the photo I suggested might be perfect for Daniel (if you want to nom some artistic hotties for yourself, check out StudioJames.com!). She took that pick and made magic. Update: Here it is!
- Speaking of floored by graphics, I'm currently working on some "newspaper ads"--in the styling of this one by my brilliant Guiltless Pleasure editor Tal Valante--with the equally brilliant L.C. Chase for her stop on the blog tour. (And by "working on," I mean throwing text and concepts at her and expecting her to work her ninja graphic brilliance.) There may be some sneak peeks in the near future, but for now, you will have to take my word for it that these are so worth waiting for that the wait is nearly unbearable. I love all my tour stops equally (as all good mommies should), but I may well end up loving L.C.'s stop a little more equally than the others, if you know what I mean ;-)
- I'm having guests! I've officially opened my site to guest bloggers once the Anchored Release Party Blog Tour is done, so stay tuned for some awesome posts from some awesome people. (If you're awesome and would like to come here to talk about awesome things, just drop me an email at metarachel at gmail dot com.) The first bit of awesome scheduled is author Brita Addams, who will be dropping by on January 25 to talk about the history behind her upcoming release, Splendid Captivity, an M/M/F menange with Noble Romance. I hear there may be some whips and chains involved. Or maybe I just dreamed that; most of my dreams seem to involve whips and chains . . .
- Linky goodness! As my regular readers have probably noticed, this blog is still a bit of a work in progress. I've added pages recently, and some gadgets to my sidebars. Today's addition is a blog list in the left sidebar (not to be confused with the list of Anchored blog tour stops in the right sidebar), which will be growing over the coming weeks. There you'll find links to the sites I visit regularly, reviewers, indie-friendly booksellers, fellow authors, and the occasional bit of random fun/hotness. I hope you'll check it out. And if you'd like to be added, drop me an email and I'll check you out.
- Twitter is a strange and wonderful place. I got into a long conversation--140 characters at a time--last night with @krisngoodbooks about her plans to secede from Australia. She stipulated--quite wisely, IMO--that since the've been working together for over 30 years, she ought to get half of everything Australia owns. I believe she requested Hugh Jackman and a platypus. I told her I'd assist her litigation if she gave me Anthony Warlow, Andy Whitfield (and no, I probably wouldn't treat him any better than that), and a kangaroo. Somehow this led to a discussion of Tim Tams, and the long and short of it is that Miss Kris is so amazing that she's mailing me some because I've never tried them. So, I highly recommend--in a not-at-all-Tim-Tam-bribe-fueled-recommendation sort of way--that you visit her site and follow her on Twitter. Because, seriously? She's hilarious. And the world needs more hilarity.
Hmm, I'm not sure when this quick update turned into a full-fledged blog post, but, like most of my writing, it seems to have gotten away from me. So, time to return now to my editing cave. I hope to emerge again soon, blinking and fishlike in the sun, to show off some hot hot Anchored cover art. Until then, mah peeps!