Welcome to my little corner of the gay erotic romance universe . . . well, half of it, anyway. (You can find the other half at RachelHaimowitz.com.) This is the place to come for sneak previews of new projects, release information, and the occasional M/M book review. I'll also share thoughts on the industry on occasion, and I hope you'll come share yours in return.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sir/Nicky Update, and Snowpocalypse Part XVI

I heard today from the lovely folks over at Carina Press about my Sir/Nicky origin story, Master Class. Sir (or Devon, to you) and Nicky are the boys in Sublime, and Master Class is the story of how they met. I've been asked to revise and resubmit, which is definitely a happy thing, and I was blown away by the attention to detail and the editorial care taken with the suggestions sent my way. They'll make Master Class a much stronger story.

Unfortunately, that also means it's going to be a little while before Master Class will reach the figurative bookshelves. I don't know if I'll have time to work on heavy-duty revisions for that and still hit the deadline for Crescendo. Since Crescendo is under contract, it has to take first priority. It may therefore be a few months before I get Master Class resubmitted, and then of course it has to go through the review process all over again with Carina's acquisition editors.

Regardless of how it goes, I'll be sure to keep you all updated. I still have a great deal of love and excitement for that story, and for Devon and Nicky in general, and I'm as anxious to share it with you all as some of you are to read it.

Now, onto Snowpocalypse Part Bazillion. After last week's 16" of snow (and the two feet the week before that), we're all pretty damn sick of shoveling out. But apparently, Mother Nature's as sadistic a bitch as I am, for more is coming tonight, and it's gonna be a whopper. They say the storm will last about 36 hours, and in my region, they're expecting it to dump a lot of ice. Since our power lines are aboveground, this makes for a very high likelihood of losing power. Which means no heat in the single-digit weather, and even worse, no internet. I don't even have a smartphone, so if I disappear for a while, odds are good I'm just without power, and I'll catch you on the other side.

Oh also, here's the link to the Other Worlds of Romance podcast I did last night. I read the first two chapters of Anchored (zomg so embarassing!) and answered some questions about Anchored.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you~! It's good to hear that Master Class will be published, even if it'll take some time :). I hope that after writing Crescendo you'll have time to revise MC. Although, I still remember your post about some impatient boxers, so I hope you'll be able to achieve some compromise :D.

    And how is the weather now? Such winter must be truly annoying. I hope that the storm hasn't caused too many problems.

    I've already downloaded the podcast and I'll listen to it tomorrow :D. Why embarrassing? You should feel proud, even if you read some hot m/m (besides, it's your work) :3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no guarantees that Carina will buy Master Class, even after I do the revisions, but they went to a *lot* of trouble to tell me what needed fixing and how, so if I hold up my end of things and fix the issues well, it's at least a reasonably good bet they'll end up taking it. One way or the other, the story will get out there, but from a writer's perspective, some things are definitely worth waiting for (and fighting for, as well), and the kind of editorial guidance it looks like I'd get at Carina is one of those things.

    Weather is . . . tricky. Everything is coated in a very thick layer of ice and the wind is howling, which is a good mixture for downed trees and powerlines. Fingers crossed the lights stay on.

    As for the podcast? Embarassing because it feels very self-conscious to read your own work aloud. I do it all the time for pacing and flow and realism, but not in front of an audience, you know?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My M/M Favorites